What is in store for you for this year? When are the best times to make a change or to be patient? Astrology is so much more than just a personality profile, it is like a map that gives landmarks, guideposts and helps you to take the right path for you as you move through your life. Your session with Stefanie will help you feel in alignment with your true path, give you dates and periods to look for and help you to understand past events and patterns.
InSight-Astrology is offering a discount for Astrological Consultation through the end of February, 2019.
1.5 hr chart consultation – including natal chart, dasha cycle and transit $88 (regularly $110)
1 hr chart reading or consultation $60 (regularly $75)
30 min consultation, transits or dasha cycle $30 (regularly $40)
Relationship charts for 2 people (includes natal chart discussion) $130 (regularly $140)
Relationship charts are useful to help relate with someone better. They are extremely helpful for parent/child, romantic partnerships, siblings and even friendships. If you are wanting to understand how you can improve an existing relationship or how best to respond to someone to prevent negative interactions you will find this session invaluable.
Happy New Year!
Join me for Qi Gong and Meditation on Saturday Jan 19, 2019 at 10:30 am
At the InSight Healing office – 6818 N. Oracle Rd
Space is limited so please let me know if you plan to attend either through email or text.
Over the past year I have been drawn to working more on the belly, studying Dr. Bo’s abdominal acupuncture and Mantak Chia’s Chi Nei Tsang. According to Chinese medicine the navel is where the qi for each of the organ originates during embryonic development and it is the place where our essence or source qi can be found in the Dan Tian, just behind and below the navel. Western science has determined that there is more nerve tissue in the gut than in the brain and the majority of the neurotransmitter serotonin is actually produced there. We have phrases like ‘gut feeling’ or the feeling of fear or anxiety felt in the gut. People can hold a lot of emotion in their abdomen, this holding can create stagnation or blockages in energy flow, nerve and vascular flow and ultimately lead to organ or meridian disfunction. Acupuncture and massage to the abdomen can be extremely helpful for physical or emotional issues.
Abdominal acupuncture uses the abdomen as a reflex area for the entire body. I have found the abdominal reflex zone to be helpful to speed healing and alleviating pain in any part of the body. As I palpate the patient’s abdomen I feel for areas in the problem region, quite often it is tender in just that location. I find that acupuncture followed by massage is most beneficial. Acute symptoms or injuries are best treated as soon as possible for fastest results.
December 22, 2018 will begin the return of meditation and qi gong at InSight-Healing. We will begin at 10:30 with meditation and a brief talk on a wellness related topic, followed by Qi Gong.
Mark your calendar for Saturday January 19, 2019 for the next meditation event and discussion.
Donation of $10 is always appreciated.
Welcome to InSight Healing’s new office
6818 N. Oracle Rd #426
Tucson, AZ 85704
Located in the Casas Adobes Office Park
Come and see the new location~ Mention this ad and receive $15 off your next appointment.
~New equipment is arriving from Germany soon~
Experience acupuncture with Color and now Sound with the new Synapse machine
Qi gong is a practice that involves engaging in a series of movements as well as using the mind to move light or energy through or around the body. It has been used for centuries in China as a method to maintain as well as improve health and is also used by accomplished practitioners to heal patients.
Joins Stefanie on Wednesday mornings at 9am-10am beginning September 21, 2016 for qi gong on the lawn at Alchemista located at the southwest corner of Oracle Rd and Giaconda Way – 6955 N. Oracle Rd.
Stefanie learned Qi Gong while studying Traditional Chinese Medicine at Han University of Traditional Medicine (formerly Asian Institute of Medical Studies). We will be practicing a form of 5 element qi gong as well as the 8 brocades. This is a casual class, no experience needed, drop in for a class or come for all 5. Suggested donation $5-20.
Most people associate astrology with the little horoscope in the paper which I liken to a weather report- it’s not very specific and in some cases may not even apply. Astrology can offer so much more. Imagine the moment you are born there is a magnetic imprint of the heavens on your being. For example, the constellation on the eastern horizon is your ascendant (house of self), the constellation setting in the west is your descendant (house of other), the planets and constellation directly overhead affect your midheaven (house of status/career/society) and what is directly below you on the other side of Earth is the nadir/IC (house of home/inner life, emotions). As the planets continue to move around us their magnetic pull continues, sometimes feeling good and sometimes not. Imagine that we are perfect when we are born, yet we lose sight of that perfection as we grow and compare ourselves to others and experience the world. The planets are constantly tugging on us to remember our perfect alignment, to shift and grow, to let go of old ways of being that are not in alignment with who we really are.
In Vedic astrology, the astrology of India and perhaps even the root of astrology, there are planetary cycles that we all move through from birth to death. The order of these cycles depends on where the moon is when we are born. I have found these cycles to be very accurate. It is like a syllabus for life, telling us what the subject is, when we have to study hard, when we have a break for some fun, when we need to buckle down and get through the final exams. Imagine how much more challenging a college course would be if there were no syllabus! And now see how valuable such information can be when moving through life, especially if we are dealing with challenging planetary pulls.
Knowing whether to act or to wait something out can create a lot of inner stress. We always have a choice in life but knowing how the planetary cycles are unfolding can give insight into when the difficulty will pass or where our focus will go from here, thereby helping us to make decisions in the present moment.
If you are interested in knowing where you are on the roadmap of your life or what transits might be giving you a good hard pull and what you can do to make the best of the energy that is coming your way, Call or email Stefanie@Insight-Healing.com. Mention this blog post for 50% off a consultation~
Springtime is a good time to give yourself a tune-up and improve your health and vitality. Here are just a few easy things you can do to take those first steps towards optimal health!
- Stop eating junk food and enjoy some carrots and apples instead. Carrots and apples are high in all sorts of vitamins and phytonutrients to help your body detoxify and build health. Eating any fruits and vegetables over processed foods, especially breads is always a good idea. Carrots and apples are easy on-the-go foods that you can eat anywhere and require no preparation. Remember choose nutrient dense foods for maximum health benefits.
- Stop drinking coffee and sodas- drink water and teas instead. Soda has no health benefit whatsoever, and is in fact detrimental to your health. Both regular soda and Sugar-free sodas with artificial sweeteners are like feeding your body poison. Coffee has health benefits but in excess or daily coffee can create an acidic condition in the body. The body can benefit from herbal teas or even green or black teas in moderation. Herbal teas provide minerals and phytonutrients that can improve health. For example, tulsi or holy basil is an adaptogenic herb which can help you handle stress better or ginger is a warming herb that helps with digestion. In the heat of Arizona, drinking plain water when sweating will not replace lost minerals. Drinking herbal teas can replenish in ways that plain water cannot.
- Take a walk. Walking moves lymph, helps digestion and relaxes the mind. Just walking around the block after dinner can improve your health instead of sitting on the sofa. When you move your lymph you are also helping toxins to be eliminated from the body. If you find it difficult to walk around the block try Qi Gong moving meditation. There are many videos on youtube that can get you started. Moving other parts of the body helps move lymph, too.
- Love yourself. Most people don’t spend enough time feeling positive about themselves but are very good at criticizing themselves. What you say and how you feel are vital to your health. If you are feeling down take a moment to look at the sky, feel the breeze, listen to the birds and remember there is beauty in life. Find something positive to say to yourself each day (more than once!),
- Spend one week taking liver detox herbs or one day fasting with teas, broth and/or juice or eat only raw foods for one day (or more). We all change the oil in our cars but how many of you flush your own system? For optimal health, take a break from heavy foods like meat, dairy, grains. Spend one day or one week eating only raw food or vegetarian food, includes, fruits, vegetables nuts and seeds. While you take a break from hard to digest foods it’s a good time to take liver herbs such as Liver Gallbladder formula from Dr. Schulze or Healthy Liver from HerbPharm. Liver flushes can be done quarterly or more frequently if recommended by and under the supervision of an herbalist.
You might be amazed at how much better you feel just from following these 5 simple steps to better health.
is now located inside
6955 N. Oracle Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85704
Services offered: Acupuncture; Colorpuncture; Tui Na Chinese meridian based massage; wellness guidance through lifestyle, nutrition, herbs, supplements; spiritual assistance through intuitive guidance, mantras, meditation; Astrological consultation for energetic roadmap for present life including planetary cycles (dashas), planetary transits, relationship dynamics to help improve any type of relationship.
The human body is quite amazing when we think of the healing it is able to accomplish. Even a person with the most the most challenging of lifestyles can turn their health around fairly quickly when they put their effort into it. All of our organs work together to keep us free from disease but the liver has a key job. Everything that we ingest, contact with our skin or breathe in is filtered by the liver (and kidneys), which means that the more chemicals we are exposed to in foods, water, air and environment, the greater the burden on the liver (and kidneys). When the liver is not functioning optimally it may affect many processes including: digestion of fats, cholesterol levels, blood sugar, blood clotting, protein synthesis, immune function, hormonal balance and ability to clear the body of toxic substances.
If you are concerned about the health of your liver, here are some steps to take to improve your health. When doing a cleanse it is recommended that you use liver cleansing herbs and foods for one week followed by kidney cleansing herbs and foods for one week. If you have known liver inflammation or other serious illness then repeat the cycle of liver herbs, then kidney herbs for a total of four weeks of cleansing.
- Begin your day with organic grapefruit juice – fresh if possible, or fresh organic lemon water.
- Use Liver cleansing herbal tinctures like: Dr. Schulze’s LV/GB formula and Detox formula
- For Kidney cleansing herbal tinctures use: Dr. Schulze’s KI/BL formula and Echinacea
- Eat a vegetarian diet with lots of fresh organic fruits and vegetables including fresh vegetable juice.
- Specific vegetables for liver health include: bitter greens like arugula, dandelion, kale, collards, beets with beet greens, burdock root to name a few.
For more specific information on how to do a liver cleanse, how to prepare a tincture or the morning citrus drink see the blog post “How to Cleanse Your Liver with Herbs”.